Customized Reporting in QBO – QuickBooks has many pre-created reports you can customize to show you the information you need the way you want to see it. You can even email your custom reports automatically too.
QuickBooks Desktop offers a wide variety of readymade reports that tell where your company stands. Aside from these, you can also create customized reports based on your business needs.
Here is a sampling –
- Taxable customers – The report is a list of all customers that have a taxable sales tax code.
- Sales Receipts that show the check number for the payment – This report shows the check number specified by the user when they enter a sales receipt.
- A report that shows sales by state – This report shows sales by state. This is particularly helpful if you want to see sales location trends or if you need to correct sales tax for a specific state.
- Daily sales report totaled by payment method – Follow the steps below to create a report of payments totaled by payment methods:
- Sales Order report grouped by a customer with Item Name displayed for open items only – The default Sales Order by Customer Report does not include Item detail and displays the total amount of the Sales Order rather than just what is open. Customers cannot group the Sales Order by Item Detail Report. To get this information, you need to customize the existing Open Purchase Orders by Job report.
- Customer payments and the invoices and deposits to which they are linked – This report is based on the Check Detail report. It shows customer payments you have received and the invoices and deposits to which the payments are linked. When formatted properly, it can function as a Customer Remittance report showing each Invoice and each Customer Payment.
- Payments linked to open invoices – Creating a report to show all payments on open Invoices would require a filter to see if the Payment(s) are linked to an open invoice. The only two reports that show selected transactions and other transactions to which they are linked are the Check Detail report and the Deposit Detail report. However, these reports do not total the payments. To get a total of all payments for open invoices, export the Deposit Detail report to MS Excel using the Advanced option for Auto Filtering.
- Customer: Job status, date, and estimate totals – This report helps job-related businesses that may need a report of job status, start and end dates, and estimate totals.
- A sales by rep report based on gross profit – Many companies want to pay commissions to sales reps based on Gross Profit rather than the sales gross. This enables companies to maintain profitability on an item if it is deeply discounted. The Sales by Rep report is based on the item total, not the gross profit. Follow the steps below to create sales by rep report based on the gross profit:
- Multiple-year Profit & Loss comparison report – Follow the steps below to create a Profit & Loss report that displays yearly data separated by column for easy comparison.
QBO has tons of filters and customizations we can create to get just the data our clients need!
What are your favorite tools? We’d love to hear from you.