Annual & Quarterly filings – due 1/31/17
January is a busy month! All of your fourth-quarter filings, as well as your annual filings, are due no later than 1/31/17. So it would be best if you were sure to close out your books, confirm they are accurate, and ensure that you complete your filings this month. Below is a quick checklist of items you may need to file – review to see what is appropriate for your business.
- reconcile all bank and credit card accounts
- review your QB settings for what accounts are “subject” to 1099s
- collect W9 forms for all eligible vendors
- update QB to reflect the proper vendor information from the W9 provided
- final review of 1099s to be issued
- mail to recipients no later than 1/31
- mail government copies no later than 1/31
If you run payroll:
- make sure your 4th Q payroll taxes have been paid by 1/31
- make sure your 4th Q payroll tax forms have been submitted by 1/31
- generate W2s for all employees and mail them to them by 1/31
- print W3 and government copies of the W2s and mail to the government by 1/31
If you collect sales tax:
- file and pay your 4th Q sales tax no later than 1/31
- check your balance sheet – the ending Sales Tax Payable on 12/31 should match the amount you just paid exactly! (make any other corrections needed)
Whether you’re filing one form or thousands, filing your 1099s, W-2s, and ACA forms online eliminate steps, saving you precious time. Fill out your form(s) directly and securely on the efile4biz.com website and submit your order. efile4biz.com takes care of printing and mailing the forms to your recipients and e-filing your forms directly with the IRS or SSA.
Import your QuickBooks Online 1099 Vendors with just one click!
Efile4biz is integrated with QuickBooks Online, so you can seamlessly transfer your 1099 vendors and automatically create a 1099-MISC for each – right from your QBO account. This is the quickest and simplest way to get the 1099-MISC filing done.
This is a good service if you want, or need, to file your 1099s electronically. We have clients who are required to efile by the IRS (appropriate if you issue more than 250 per year). This full service will send out recipient copies and government copies. You can also upload the required data in an Excel sheet for added convenience!
What are your favorite tools? We’d love to hear from you.
1099s – note all 1099s, W2s, and 940 forms are due by Jan 31.
Starting this year, that includes government copies as well. It used to be that you could send the government copies by the end of Feb, but this is the first year that everything is due no later than Jan 31. Make sure you are ready to meet this deadline!