Managing the ins and outs of cash flow is an art form. However, continually creating a system to continually manage the updates is essential to keeping your cash flowing.
At ZümiFi, we have put together a list of best practices that we thought could assist entrepreneurs in creating tools for tracking cash flow.
- Establish your payment terms and be clear with them. Make sure your customers know when their payment is due, payment terms, and any late fee policies before you send their first bill. You should also make sure these terms are listed on your invoice template.
- Get your invoices out on time. You can start preparing your bills ahead of time to ensure they are sent out promptly. You cannot expect your customers to send payment back by the due date if they are not given adequate time to review their bills.
- Make sure your customer’s information on file is up to date. If you have a client with open invoices, pick up the phone and establish contact. While you check the payment status, it is a great time to ensure the information you have on file is correct.
Communication is key to creating a great working relationship with your customers. Talk to your customers and find out what you can do to help get their account current. Making yourself available and your wiliness to work with your customers help keep cash flowing.
If you find that your current cash flow is not where you would like it to be, talk to your account manager. We can help set up and establish a process that will work for you and your customers.
Cash Flow Best Practices
Bookkeeping is the bread and butter of our business.
It’s also where we came from, what we love most, and what we’re best at. It does wake us up in the morning and makes us smile when we begin to work! But bookkeeping in the cloud takes all of that joy a few levels higher by optimizing opportunities to automate data entry and connect the vast universe of various online tools that can synchronize seamlessly with your QuickBooks Online. ZümiFi is experienced in understanding each client’s needs and making custom-designed recommendations to deliver great books that will truly move things forward.
ZümiFi’s ongoing bookkeeping services manage your financial activity with a complete turnkey approach. We deliver solid books that provide you with key information in real-time, accessible anywhere, anytime, on any device.
We create a custom combination of online, cloud-based tools, including QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Box.com, and other tools in unique combinations to truly leverage technology. This enables us to fully automate your system, eliminate data entry, and simplify and facilitate your bookkeeping. And we ensure accuracy and completeness so that every dollar counts.
The Scope of ZümiFi’s Bookkeeping Services:
- Accounts Payable Services – Recording, tracking, and paying vendor bills.
- Accounts Receivable Services – Recording and tracking customer invoices and payments.
- Payroll Services – Processing payroll per each client’s instructions regarding amounts to pay; processing and filing appropriate payroll taxes and tax forms.
- Reconciliations – Reviewing and balancing bank and credit card transactions; notifying a client of any discrepancies and resolving discrepancies per the client’s instructions when appropriate.
- They are reporting – Generating financial reports based on the collected data.
Contact us today or call 415.550.3070 to learn more about our experience and expertise and how you can benefit from customized bookkeeping services to meet your business needs.