This policy was last modified on January 20, 2021.
- General Purpose
1.6 We gather and use the Personal Information collected by the Site as described below. We may share information you provide and information we collect about you with third parties in order to definitively ensure we provide information and services to you. The Site is not intended for use by children and should only be accessed by individuals who are at least 18 years old. In the event we find that the Personal Information of a minor has been obtained through our Site, we will use reasonable means to delete it as soon as possible.
1.7 We will strive to process your Personal Information lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner. Your Personal Information will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes that align with the services you have requested and not further processed in a incompatible manner with the requested services. Our processing of your data shall be limited to that which is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary to provide you the requested services. We do not assert, claim, or ensure the Personal Information you provide or is provided by others to us is accurate. We implement industry-standard practices to provide security and protect your Personal Information confidentiality against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We periodically update our standard practices, which can be obtained upon request.
- User Consent
- Collecting Personal Information
3.1 User-Provided Information.
- We collect information, some of which may be Personal Information, from our Site users, for example, through such users’ completion of online forms on our Site. Such information is collected, for example, when users submit a comment or question to us through our contact form, in any other form, through any medium, or in any other way submit Personal Information to us via our email addresses or the Site.
- When you visit our Site, you may provide Personal Information about yourself, such as your name, email, and other details about you, through our contact form. We may combine this information with other information we collect from public sources to communicate with you only. Once you have provided such information through our Site, we may gather additional information in order to improve your user experience and our ability to communicate with you.
- We will use your Personal Information supplied through our contact form to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us and reserve the right to follow up on our response a single time even if we do not receive feedback or response from you. We will not contact you with unsolicited communications, email, or otherwise, without your explicit consent to such communication. Once we have your information, we will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization unless it is necessary to fulfill your request, in which case we will notify you in advance and get your approval.
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of Personal Information or restriction of processing concerning your information or to object to the processing as well as the right to data portability. However, by providing data through the course of using our Site, you understand and acknowledge that providing Personal Information may be a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as acknowledge that you are obliged to provide the Personal Information to access and use the Site. You further acknowledge that you may be denied such access and use as the result of a failure to provide such data.
- We will process your Personal Information when you provide consent in compliance with data protection laws when the processing is necessary to provide you a response using the contact form on the Site, to protect your vital interests or that of someone else, when necessary to accomplish a task in the public interest, and when necessary for us to perform standard business and technical processes where such processes do not override your rights or that of a minor. If we must process or store your personal information for any other reason, we will notify you and request your consent if such consent is required by law.
- During our normal course of business, we do not collect, process, or store Personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, health data, or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. Should such Personal Information come into our possession or be processed by us from other sources, including you providing such data, we will erase this type of data upon your request or maintain such data upon your request with explicit consent by you.
3.2 In addition to the information that you provide to us for the purpose of delivering services to you and/or your business, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your visits to and use of our website;
- connected IP address, mobile device connection (i.e., mobile phone towers or relays), operating system, device type;
3.3 We use this data to implement client security, accessibility, and privacy specifications through our Site or enable our Site to provide data and services through third-party applications. The information gathered may be used to track, monitor, or build a historical record of your activities on the Site to implement software functions and services provided by the Site. We also record information about interaction with the Site to provide assistance, information, suggestions, and the like, meant to improve user experience and the efficiency of the Site. Before we disclose your Personal Information to another person or entity, we will obtain your explicit consent to the disclosure and the processing of that Personal Information in accordance with this policy and data protection laws.
- Using Personal Information
4.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the Site’s relevant pages.
4.2 We may also use your Personal Information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalize our website and business for clients;
- enable the use of the services available on our website;
- deliver the services requested through our website;
- providing reporting and analytics;
- testing out features or additional services;
- assisting with marketing, advertising, or other communications
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
We may also collect and use your personal information for any other purpose to which you consent. We only collect the personal information we consider necessary for achieving these purposes. We may use aggregated or de-identified information so that it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person for any business purpose.
4.5 We will not, without your express consent, supply your Personal Information to any third party for any purpose without your consent.
4.6 Depending on your use of the Site and where you reside, you may have the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, or object to certain uses of your Personal Information (for example, by unsubscribing from direct marketing emails). We strive to provide you with the ability to exercise these rights yourself via our Site. If you cannot exercise a particular right via our Site, you can always email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you send us a request relating to your Personal Information, we have to make sure that it is you before we can respond. In order to do so, we may ask to see documentation verifying your identity.
- Disclosing Personal Information
5.2 We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
5.3 We will not sell or share any of your personal information that we collect or obtain to any third party for any purpose unless we obtain your consent.
5.4 When you subscribe to our Blog, you agree to receive emails notifying you of blog posts. If you contribute to our Blog, reachable from our Site, the information that you submit will be made available to others with access to the Blog (for example, other clients of ZümiFi or those participating in or contributing to the Blog). Such information you contribute may be distributed and redistributed by us and others without privacy limitations and, once published or displayed, maybe impossible to remove. Such information may be associated with you by other parties based on the information you disclose or provide.
5.5 The Site may provide links to applications, websites, and the like (i.e., social media) provided by other companies and/or individuals. Further, certain functions within our Site may connect you to third-party applications, websites, or services through our Site. We will not provide your data to third-party applications, websites, and service providers without your consent. We will inform you and any third parties when your Personal Information has been rectified or erased or is subject to a restriction of the processing.
- Security of Personal Information
6.1 We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. While we do our best to protect your information on our platform, we cannot guarantee your personal information’s absolute security.
6.2 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Do Not Track
7.1 ZümiFi does not track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
9.2 A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
9.3 Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until a predetermined expiration date, unless deleted by the user before the expiration date while a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
9.4 Cookies may contain any information that personally identifies a user or personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Such cookies require we obtain your explicit consent. Other cookies do not require consent at they are used to facilitate communication between parts of our Site, authenticate users, or monitor our Site’s performance under different environments (i.e., wireless connection, web browsers, etc.).
9.5 You understand that if you limit websites’ ability to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information.
9.6 Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and you can delete cookies already stored on your computer.
9.8 You understand that blocking or deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
- How You Can Reach Us
10.1 If you would like to ask about, make a request relating to, or complain about how we process your personal information, you can contact us by email at email@example.com or by calling us at 415-550-3070.