Recently, we worked with a client who experienced numerous changes in their business operations. During this period, they failed to “lock” their QuickBooks records for the previous year, leading to confusion and uncertainty about their financial data. To complicate matters further, they completed their 2022 taxes on an extension in September, which they were unsure aligned with the numbers in their QuickBooks records.
This highlights the importance of keeping accurate and up-to-date financial records, especially when significant business changes occur.
Zumifi could address this by requesting the trial balance numbers from the CPA and ensuring that QB matched those numbers EXACTLY! We then “locked” 2022 so no further changes could be made… this ensures clean books and full alignment going forward. So – remember to “close” your books formally every year when you send your data over to your CPA!
And if you run into problems, call Zumifi, and we’ll help you keep it clean …
Zumifi’s ongoing bookkeeping services manage your financial activity with a complete turnkey approach. We deliver solid books that provide key real-time information, accessible anywhere, anytime, on any device.
We create a custom combination of online, cloud-based tools, including QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Box.com, and other unique combinations to truly leverage technology. This enables us to fully automate your system, eliminate data entry, and simplify and facilitate your bookkeeping. And we ensure accuracy and completeness so that every dollar counts.
The Scope of Zumifi’s Bookkeeping Services:
- Accounts Payable Services – Recording, tracking, and paying vendor bills.
- Accounts Receivable Services – Recording and tracking customer invoices and payments.
- Payroll Services – Processing payroll per each client’s instructions regarding amounts to pay; processing and filing appropriate payroll taxes and tax forms.
- Reconciliations – Reviewing and balancing bank and credit card transactions; notifying the client of any discrepancies and resolving discrepancies per the client’s instructions when appropriate.
- They are reporting – Generating financial reports based on the collected data.
Contact us today or call 415.550.3070 to learn more about our experience and expertise and how you can benefit from customized bookkeeping services to meet your business needs.